First Responder Course
SAVE A LIFE Corporation, offers a specific medical training course for First Responder training. This course is taught by one of our medically experienced and professionally trained staff. We can train your staff on-site or you can attend this course at one of our upcoming scheduled times located around the Twin Cities area. Individuals are also welcome at any of our scheduled training courses.
The AAOS/Brady First Responder Course will help students develop emergency medical skills and knowledge that will enable them to assist people who have sustained an accidental injury, are suffering from a sudden illness, or are experiencing a medical problem. This includes basic life support assessment and management techniques for patients experiencing airway, breathing, and circulatory emergencies.
- Length: 40 hours total; Includes practical with written exam
- Intended Audience: Designed to meet the needs of law enforcement personnel, fire fighters, rescue squad personnel, athletic trainers, college students, laypersons, and anyone wishing to go beyond the basic level of First Aid training.
- Students Materials: First Responder Textbook/CD-ROM, First Responder Workbook, American Heart Health Care Provider Textbook, Pocket Mask, and a watch. Also recommended are a stethoscope, BP cuff, latex-free gloves, safety goggles, and a penlight.
- Instructor Materials: Instructor Toolkit, First Responder Instructor Textbook, First Responder Instructor Manual, Airway supplies, Cardiac Arrest Management supplies, Bleeding Control supplies, Backboard, Splint supplies, and Vital Signs Equipment.
- Written/Skills Exam: A score of 84% or better on written test. Demonstration by participant of ability to correctly perform each of the designated practical skills procedures. Required for completion card
Course Completion Certificates and Eligibilities
- Minnesota Department of Health First Responder certified for 2 years
- Minnesota Emergency Medical Services Regulatory Board Certified for 2 years
- Eligibility to take the National Registry’s First Responder exam
- Eligibility to enroll in the Emergency Medical Technician-Basic course
We also provide emergency response and medical training in the following areas;
Our staff consists of:
- Athletic Trainers
- Fire Fighters
- First Responders
- Police officers
- Physical Therapist Assistant
We have over 25+ years of educational experienced staff, excellent instructors, and some great stories with real life examples.
All of our instructors work in the medical arena such as ambulance personnel, clinics, hospitals and instruct in Vo-tech's and colleges.
SAVE A LIFE offers medical training courses in your community. View our online list of first aid training courses in the Minneapolis / St. Paul area.
To acquire the next step towards being properly prepared for a medical emergency, and receive training courses give us a call at: 763-576-8146 or contact us by email at Contact Us.