EMT Hybrid Course (Emergency Medical Technician)
We will be using the Emergency Care, which is the most current selection of EMS practice and shows what the EMS systems and EMT’s are doing around the country.
Students will be taught to recognize, safely assess, and effectively manage crisis situations and patients of an emergency nature encountered in the field Prehospital setting. EMT’s can work in areas such as on an Ambulance, in a Emergency Department, Clinic, a EMS team for companies, Fire, Police department, EMT Event work, and Transportation drivers.
The EMSRB requires:
A clear background check on past criminal activities and must be eligible to take the National Registry board exam which is taken at the end of the course.
EMT Hybrid Courses Are:
MN Board Peace Officer Post approved. CE’s are obtained with classroom attendance.
- Day, Evenings, and Weekend sessions.
- See the online calendar for the current schedules.
Prior to the EMT course, each student will receive:
- Attendance/Cancellation policy
- Background check, included in fee.
- Uniform policy
EMT Hybrid course includes:
1. AHA Basic Life Support CPR (BLS).
2. Clinical experiences in a variety of settings: Metro and Rural Ambulance (North Memorial and North Western Municipal Ambulance), Hospitals, Clinics, Transportation services (North Memorial & Maple Grove), A variety of Events, Sporting events and More. These experiences are where and what an EMT would actually be working. 3. 80+ classroom hours with experienced EMT’s, Paramedics, Respiratory Therapist, Midwives and Guest speakers.
4. 70+ hours with Pearson Online program with eText, Multimedia, quizzes, flashcards, audio text, code is available for 2 years. You can access MyLab BRADY from Blackboard Learn, Bright space by D2L, Canvas, or Moodle. 5. 2 attempts of Fisdap or equivalent Pre-test for the NREMT test. 6. Psychomotor skills exams included with two attempts. 7. SAVE A LIFE polo shirt, Student badge and some supplies for class sessions and for clinical shifts.
Requirements that can be completed prior to course or throughout:
- https://www.nremt.org/rwd/public – Create an account
- http://emsrblm.mn.gov – Follow prompts of yes/no. sign in and fill out EMS application for new or refreshing certifications
- http://training.fema.gov/is/nims.aspx – FEMA certificates requirement for all new and refreshing students. Do the sections of 100, and 700 Print off both certificates and bring to class. No testing of practical skills if this is not completed. If this is already completed just bring in copies
- https://cattonline.com/medical-professional/ -Online concussion training link, click the first chain link for medical professional; then start the course. When course is complete, you a will get a certificate. Bring this to class.