EMT Refresher Course (Emergency Medical Technician) 24 hours; NCCP model
SAVE A LIFE Corporation 1557 Coon Rapids NW Suite # 200 Coon Rapids, MN. 55433
EMT Refresher NCCP Course
- Must be a current EMT to take this course.
- Practical psychomotor skill stations will be reviewed but not state tested; (This can be done in another course if needed).
- Didactic, NREMT requirements hours and scenarios practiced in classroom.
This course is based on EMS Education Standards that will govern the way we learn and practice EMS. This course meets the current American Heart Association guidelines for CPR and ECC.
The current edition of Emergency Care of EMS, shows what EMS systems and EMT’s are doing around the country. However, we must always follow our local protocols.EMT’s are a member of an organized emergency medical services team.
EMT’s Recognize, Safely assess, and Effectively manage crisis situations and patients of an emergency nature encountered in the field a Pre-hospital setting, Emergency Departments, Clinics, EMS team for Fire, Police departments, Event work, and Transportation drivers.
The course will be covering the NCCP Model and receiving 20 hours NCCR and 4 hours for the LCCR/State. LCCR/State balance of 6 hours and ICCR 10 hours will be obtained on your own.
National CE credits can be obtained thru:
- MN Board Peace Officer Post approved. CE’s are obtained with classroom attendance.
- https://24-7.hsi.com; Conferences; local training, educational courses and
- https://www.boundtreeuniversity.com classroom Free CE credits
1. NREMT Renewal Fee: $20.00 https://www.nremt.org/rwd/public/document/emt-recert
2. $65.00 to purchase https://24-7.hsi.com Course online for additional CE’s, access for 1 year.
3. A textbook or eText can be purchased if you do not have one from your original EMT course.
Required before enrolling:
1. https://www.nremt.org/rwd/public – Renew your account
2. http://emsrblm.mn.gov – Follow prompts of yes/no. sign in and fill out an EMS application for new or refreshing certifications.
3. http://training.fema.gov/is/nims.aspx – FEMA certificates required for all new and refreshing students. Do the sections of 100, and 700. Print off both certificates and bring to class. No testing of practical skills if this is not completed. If this is already completed just bring in copies
4. https://www.cattonline.com -Online concussion training link, click the first chain link for medical professionals; then start the course. When a course is complete, you will get a certificate. Bring this to class.
EMT Refresher NCCP course includes:
1. NCCP Model: NCCR 20 hours, LCCR/State 4 hours
2. Ability to obtain additional CE hours towards the NREMT
3. AHA BLS CPR course valid for 2 years
4. 24 hours of classroom lecture and skills with EMS Instructors
5. *Attendance/Cancellation policy signature required