Your Instructor materials or the download version of the Instructor course manual.
Dec. 7th and the Class monitor is Dec. 9th, 5:00-9:30 PM
American Heart Association BLS Instructor Course
Pre-requisite before taking the Instructor course:
1. Complete the BLS Course and bring a copy of the card to class.
2. Materials can be purchased thru AHA or SAVE A LIFE Corp. The manual or the PAM is required to complete the BLS Essentials online course.
3. Complete the BLS Instructor Essentials Course 2-3 hours online. The AHA’s BLS Instructor Essentials Course is designed to prepare BLS instructor candidates to teach AHA BLS Provider and Heartsaver® Instructor-led and blended learning courses. This course is taught in a blended learning format.
4. Complete the Heartsaver Instructor Essentials Course is the self-directed, online portion of the Heartsaver Instructor Essentials Blended Learning Course. The course educates instructor candidates on how to adequately use AHA Instructor teaching materials and follow AHA Instructor and course policies.
BLS Instructor candidates must complete the online portion, followed by the hands-on session conducted by BLS Training Center Faculty.
This course educates instructor candidates on how to adequately use AHA Instructor teaching materials, ensures that students meet learning objectives, offers student coaching skills, provides an objective skills performance evaluation, and follows AHA Instructor and course policies.
The course covers the core and discipline-specific content required to teach AHA courses.
When completed you will get a certificate of completion, to bring to the instructor course.
Basic Life Support (BLS) Instructor course.
4-5 hours are in a classroom setting. Then a 4 hour Monitor course.
At the end of this course, the instructor is able to teach the BLS course and all Heartsaver courses in CPR and First aid for the American Heart Association.
- Length: Approximately 2-3 online, 8 classroom setting, and a monitor BLS course
- Intended Audience: Anyone interested in teaching CPR and/or health care providers such as Physicians, Nurses, Paramedics, EMTs, Medical or Nursing assistants, Police officers, and other health personnel.
- Materials: Each Course is required to have an Instructor manual, student manual, and DVDs or online equivalent. Instructor’s Manuals include an Instructor CD; more than 300 pages of 4-color lesson maps. All manuals are 8 ½” X 11”, loose-leaf, and 3-hole-punched.
- Written/Skills Exam: Required for course completion, a score of 84% or better on written instructor test. Skill check off proficiency testing during the course.
- Course Completion Card valid for 2 years. The instructor is required to instruct 2 courses per year (4), to remain current.
- Course Monitoring: Must be completed with a TCF AHA Instructor for the BLS or Heartsaver, within 6 months of the instructor course. Monitoring form MUST be sent into Affiliate Faculty when completed, so it can be sent in with ALL paperwork from class to designated Training Center.