1557 Coon Rapids Blvd NW
Coon Rapids, MN 55433
Bring each session:
1. You instructor materials from AHA.
American Heart Association CPR Instructor Renewal course
The Class monitor is March 10th, 5:00-9:45 PM
Pre-requisite before taking the Instructor course:
1. Current in the AHA Instructor course.
2. Proof of teaching 2 courses per year (4), for the last 2 years.
3. Current with an AHA Training Center.
Basic Life Support Instructor Renewal course, with the American Heart Association.
1. This is a 3+ hour Instructor course in a classroom setting.
2. 2-3 hours Online Essentials Instructor program fulfilled online. A certificate of completion is required if not already completed your initial course.
At the end of this course, the instructor is able to teach the BLS course and all Heartsaver courses in CPR and First aid for the American Heart Association.
- Intended Audience: Current AHA Instructor
- Materials: Each Course is required to have an Instructor manual, student Manual, and DVDs or online equivalent. Instructor’s manuals include an Instructor CD; more than 300 pages of 4-color lesson maps. All manuals are 8 ½” X 11”, loose-leaf, and 3-hole-punched.
- Written/Skills Exam: Required for course completion, a score of 84% or better on the written instructor test. Skill check off proficiency testing during the course.
- Course Completion Card: Valid for 2 years. Required to instruct 2 courses per year (4), to remain current.
- Course Monitoring: Must be completed with an AHA Instructor either BLS or Heartsaver course, within 6 months. The monitoring form MUST be sent to Affiliate Faculty when completed, so it can be sent in with ALL paperwork from class to the designated Training Center.