BLS CPR Refresher Course; American Heart Association
NEW – Updated with 2020 AHA Guidelines for CPR & ECC.
The AHA’s new BLS Course has been updated to include science and education from the 2020 Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC. It teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in both prehospital and in-facility environments, with a focus on high-quality CPR and team dynamics.
In the Instructor-led course, students participate in simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations.
Students work with an AHA BLS Instructor to complete BLS skills practice and skills testing.
Students also complete a written exam
• The importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival• All of the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival• Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
• Perform high-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
• The importance of early use of an AED and demonstrate its use
• Provide effective ventilations by using a barrier device
• The importance of teams in multi-rescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
- The technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants