EMT Hybrid Course (Emergency Medical Technician)
EMT Hybrid Course
MN Board Peace Officer Post approved. CEs are obtained with classroom attendance.
We will be using Emergency Care, Which is the most current selection of EMS practice and shows what the EMS systems and EMTs are doing around the country.
*Students do not need to be 18 by the end of the course. * New NREMT age changes.
Day and Evening sessions. See Online Calendar for the schedule.
EMT Blended course includes:
1. AHA BLS CPR course in class
2. Pearson Online program with eText, Multimedia, quizzes, flashcards, audio text, and code is available for 2 years. You can access MyLab BRADY from Blackboard Learn, Bright space by D2L, Canvas, or Moodle.
3. 56-104+ classroom hours with experienced EMTs, Paramedics.
4. Clinical experiences in a variety of settings
5. 2 attempts of Fisdap or equivalent Pre-test for the NREMT test
6. Psychomotor skills exams
7. A SAVE A LIFE polo shirt for class sessions and for clinical shifts.
8. Background check
1. Required classroom uniform: SAL polo, and or white short/long-sleeved dress shirt. EMT black or navy dress pants. EMS boots or black shoes for the classroom.
2. Clinical uniform: Every student is required to wear SAVE A LIFE polo, EMT, or 511 pants, and EMS boots.
3. NREMT exam to be paid at the examination station of your choice. $80-100. Exam Type: Computer Adaptive, Questions: 70-120, Time Limit: 2 hours. home,pearsonvue.com/nremt
4. A paper textbook can be purchased for an additional fee, this is not a requirement.
*Attendance/Cancellation policy and Terms and conditions must be read and signed before being accepted into the program.
Bring to class day 1:
1. Laptop to redeem your eCode for the online and eText.
2. If you are current, with your AHA BLS CPR card, then you will not need to complete CPR in our course.
A kitchen is onsite and restaurants are in the area.
Please add the course date to the MEMO with the payment
SAVE A LIFE TRAINING CENTER
1557 Coon Rapids Blvd NW Suite # 200
Coon Rapids, MN. 55433