EMT Hybrid Course (Emergency Medical Technician)
MN Board Peace Officer Post approved. CEs are obtained with classroom attendance.
We will use Emergency Care, Which is the most current selection of EMS practice and shows what the EMS systems and EMTs are doing around the country.
*Students do not need to be 18 by the end of the course.
Day and Evening sessions. See the Online Calendar for the schedule.
EMT Hybrid course includes:
1. AHA Basic Life Support CPR (BLS)
2. Clinical experiences in a variety of settings:
Metro and Rural Ambulance (North Memorial and North Western Municipal Ambulance), Hospitals, Clinics, Transportation services (North Memorial & Maple Grove), A variety of Events, Sporting events, and More. These experiences are where and what an EMT would be working. 3. 80+ classroom hours with experienced EMTs, Paramedics, and Guest speakers.
4. 70+ hours with Pearson Online program with eText, Multimedia, quizzes, flashcards, audio text, and code is available for 2 years. You can access MyLab BRADY from Blackboard Learn, Bright Space by D2L, Canvas, or Moodle.
5. 2 attempts of Fisdap or equivalent Pre-test for the NREMT test.
6. Psychomotor skills exams included two attempts.
7. SAVE A LIFE polo shirt, Student badge, and some supplies for class sessions and clinical shifts.
1. Required classroom uniform: SAL polo (given at class), and white short/long-sleeved dress shirt. EMT black or navy dress pants. EMS boots or black tennis/dress shoes for the classroom.
2. Clinical uniform: Every student must wear a SAVE A LIFE polo, EMT, or 511 pants, and Black tennis shoes or EMS boots.
3. NREMT exam to be paid at the examination station of your choice. >$100. Exam Type: Computer Adaptive, Questions: 70-120, Time Limit: 2 hours. pearsonvue.com/nremt
4. A paper textbook can be purchased for an additional fee, this is not a requirement.
*Attendance/Cancellation policy and Terms and conditions must be read and signed before being accepted into the program.
Bring to class day 1:
1. Laptop to redeem your eCode for the online and eText.
2. If you are current, with your AHA BLS CPR card, then you will not need to complete CPR in our course.
A kitchen is on-site and restaurants are in the area.
SAVE A LIFE TRAINING CENTER
1557 Coon Rapids Blvd NW Suite # 200
Coon Rapids, MN. 55433