EMT Refresher Course (Emergency Medical Technician); 24 hours NCCP
EMT Refresher Course
**Must be a current EMT to take this course. No practical skills psychomotor stations, scenarios, and hours only.
This course is based on EMS Education Standards that will govern the way we learn and practice EMS. This course meets the current American Heart Association guidelines for CPR and ECC.
MN Board Peace Officer Post approved. CES is obtained with classroom attendance.
Emergency Care is the most current selection of EMS practice and shows what EMS systems and EMTs are doing around the country. However, we must always follow our local protocols.
EMTs are a member of an organized emergency medical services team. They Recognize, Safely assess, and Effectively manage crisis situations and patients of an emergency nature encountered in the field in a Pre-hospital setting, Emergency Departments, Clinics, EMS team for Fire, Police departments, Event work, and Transportation drivers.
The course will be covering the NCCP Model and receiving 20 hours of NCCR and 4 hours for the LCCR/State. LCCR/State balance of 6 hours and ICCR 10 hours will be obtained on your own.
National CE credits can be obtained thru:
https://24-7.hsi.com; Conferences; local training, educational courses, and https://www.boundtreeuniversity.com classroom Free CE credits
EMT Refresher course includes:
1. NCCP Model: NCCR 20 hours, LCCR/State 4 hours
2. Ability to obtain additional CE hours towards the NREMT
3. AHA BLS CPR course valid for 2 years
4. 24 hours of classroom lecture and skills with EMS Instructors
5. *Attendance/Cancellation policy signature required
1. NREMT Renewal Fee: $20.00 https://www.nremt.org/rwd/public/document/emt-recert
2. $55.00 to purchase https://24-7.hsi.com Course online for additional CE’s, access for 1 year.
3. A textbook or eText can be purchased if you do not have one from your original EMT course.
Required before enrolling:
1. https://www.nremt.org/rwd/public – Renew your account
2. http://emsrblm.mn.gov – Follow prompts of yes/no. sign in and fill out an EMS application for new or refreshing certifications.
3. http://training.fema.gov/is/nims.aspx – FEMA certificates are required for all new and refreshing students. Do the sections 100 and 700. Print off both certificates and bring them to class. No testing of practical skills if this is not completed. If this is already completed just bring in copies
4. https://www.cattonline.com -Online concussion training link, click the first chain link for medical professionals; then start the course. When a course is complete, you will get a certificate. Bring this to class.
A kitchen is on-site and restaurants are in the area.
Please add the course date to the MEMO with the payment
SAVE A LIFE TRAINING CENTER
1557 Coon Rapids Blvd NW Suite # 200
Coon Rapids, MN. 55433