Instructor CPR & First aid Course; ASHI & AAOS/ECSI
SAVE A LIFE Corporation, offers a specific medical training course for CPR, AED, and First aid Instructor training.
This course is taught by one of our medically experienced and professionally trained staff.
We can train your staff on-site or you can attend this course at one of our upcoming scheduled times located around the Twin Cities area.
Individuals are also welcome at any of our scheduled training courses.
Pre-requisite before taking the instructor course:
1. Complete the Healthcare Provider/BLS course
2. Contact a Training Center example SAVE A LIFE Corporation for acceptance
3. Complete the Instructor Course self-study (On-Line)
4. Be monitored teaching in your first provider course and turn in all monitoring forms to your TC Coordinator
- Length: Approximately 15 hours: 4 hours for the BLS/Healthcare course; 3 hours of self-study online, A certificate of completion is required; 8 hours in a classroom setting
- Intended Audience: Anyone interested in teaching CPR and/or Health Care Providers such as Physicians, Nurses, Paramedics, EMS workers police officers, Firefighters, Medical or Nursing assistants, and other allied health personnel.
- Students Materials: Instructor’s Manual which includes Lesson Maps and an Instructor CD. All manuals are 8 ½” X 11”, loose-leaf, and 3-hole-punched for you to put in a 3 ring binder of your choice. Separate fee
- Written/Skills Exam: Required for course completion, a score of 84% or better on written exam
- Course Completion Card: Valid 2 years. Required to Instruct 2 courses per year to remain current
At the end of this course, the Instructor is able to teach the BLS/Health Care Provider course and all the Heartsaver courses in CPR and First aid.