Instructor Refresher CPR & First aid Course; American Heart Association
BLS Instructors are authorized to teach all Heartsaver-level courses, including Heartsaver First Aid, Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED, and Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED.
Heartsaver Instructors are authorized to teach all Heartsaver-level courses, including Heartsaver First Aid, Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED, and Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED but not BLS courses.
Instructors must have a copy of the appropriate Instructor manual for the course that they are teaching.
It is also highly recommended that BLS Instructors review a copy of the student workbook for each course prior to teaching the course. And have those textbooks available at class for students to review/purchase.
Must have a current Instructor card in Basic Life Support CPR or Heartsaver CPR from American Heart Association and have taught 4 classes in the past 2 years.
Bring to course:
- Copy of current Instructor certificate/card to class.
- 4 dates of courses that you have taught in the past 2 years
- Previously purchased current Instructor manual for review. Both manuals if you are going to teach BLS and Heartsaver courses. DVDs are not required in class for review.
- A folder of handouts will be given in class.
- There will be a written exam.
- Please be prepared to review yourself and others for CPR skill levels, so dress appropriately.